View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
One possibility is cascading. It may be that the system is having to resolve a bunch of cascades of the same paragraph types. It there a bunch of CSS in the xhtml file?
Good call.
I'm looking through one of the files now and I'm screaming inside.

Stuff like
Code:
<h3 class="title">Title</h3>
<span class="emphasis"><em>Text</em></span>
should be outlawed.
(I am right in assuming that weird things like that aren't suggested by the ePub standard, am I? Don't want to blame someone because of my ignorance.)

And of course the H3 has (several) statements in the CSS file as well.
There is no class "emphasis", though. Does the non-existing class slow it down too? It should, right?

Also "nice", each TD tag has it's own style="text-align: left" attribute, instead of it being in the CSS file.

So the problem isn't just the load of CSS but also that it's spread to the xhtml and the coding itself contains superflous additions that all have to be resolved.
Great.

So now I'm looking for a tool that can "clean" that file. Fortunately I'm at the right place for that. :-)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote