View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is the service "free"? It's being paid for by B&N for the specific purpose of using the B&N bookstore, isn't it? If you use it for any other purpose, aren't you making unauthorised use of a service which is costing B&N real money? That surely constitutes obtaining a service by deception, don't you think? I'm no lawyer, so I may of course by wrong, but it certainly looks to me as though it "ought" to be a criminal act, given that such usage actually costs B&N money.
The service is being provided to you the user for free. It is not a criminal act because the provider is not charging you for the service. Under United States law Barnes & Noble, AT&T would have to charge you for the service for it to be theft.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote