View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I really cannot see how you can say that 40s boot time it so long that you changed your device but that 25s is not noticeable.
The boot time of the iLiad was merely one out of many reasons that I sold it, as I've said before.

Because the battery life of the iLiad was so short, I had to turn it off at the end of every reading session. I don't do that with the Gen3 - if I put it down for half an hour while I'm having my dinner I leave it switched on. What I always do, though, is to switch it off when I know that I've finished reading, and I don't find the boot time to be inconvenient when I next start reading - I just press the power switch as I get the machine out of my bag, and by the time I've settled down comfortably in my chair to read, it's all ready and waiting for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote