View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Hmm. Blue 350. Yum yum. Weren't they only released in Italy or something? In N.America all they had was silver and pink. Silver and Pink FFS! That says it all for Sony marketing. No wonder they failed. Hard to believe they paid people to make such poor decisions.

The T3 may be good. I've no experience of them. I saw one on offer a while back, but it has no front-light and can't be rooted. Meh. No front-light. Again, hard to believe someone got paid to make that dreadful decision.
For some ridiculous reason the blue readers were only released in Europe and Japan. None of the sellers will or can ship to the US because of new rules about shipping batteries in devices. So I had a friend from Denmark bid on and get one of them, and someone from London got the other. They are absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea what their marketing people are thinking when they make decisions like that.

I had a dark solid navy blue skin on my boring silver US reader (pink isn't for me) to try and look like the blue readers, but it didn't compare to the real thing in blue. The other nice thing about the blue reader is that the buttons are black instead of the shiny chrome. I would take the cutout from the skin around the keys and carefully place it over the chrome keys, worked perfectly.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote