View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
Based on the back version installation files I've kept on my HD for Calibre, I'm updating about every 6 months or so. Around that time a mobi from Amazon refuses to covert so it forces me to update. I appreciate the effort that goes into each update - my husband is a software writer so I know that it can take a lot to make changes - but I don't think I need to update every two weeks.

With the Kobo, unless I HAVE to update because of a huge bug or because I'm forced to do a factory reset, I don't do it. The version I have is working fine, I can read my books and make shelves to organize them, I have fonts that work. I have no issue with users who upgrade every time a new firmware version is released, it's just not what I do. If/when I have a big problem, I'll do it. Until then, as my husband has pointed out, if it's working why bother?
I understand your reluctance to update, I do. But I find that in the end, it's worth it.

As to Calibre--I have around 1600 books in my library currently, and it manages them like a boss. Seriously, the shelf thing used to drive me MAD until I started using Calibre's management system; now it's simple and wonderful and I love it. It also lets me easily manage my series, of which I tend to have a lot.

I update Calibre every time myself--I don't mind the frequency. I'd rather have something that gets attention and tweaks to consistantly improve it, than a piece of software with no support that frustrates me to no end.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote