View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
So can I buy ebooks directly from the Tor site from Australia or do I have to go through a 3rd party and are there any region restrictions?

I've generally avoided buying books from big publishers because of the DRM and stuck with indie authors with no DRM, but if I can get ebooks drm free from Tor directly I'd love to buy some of their books, especially as I'm a big scifi/Fantasy fan.
You can only buy paper books directly from the Tor/Forge site, ebooks you need to get from a third party. There are regional restrictions for some books, but quite a few are available outside US/Canada too. Kobo discounts Tor books in a lot of countries, so where they are available outside US/Canada they can usually be had a lot cheaper than the US/Canada price.

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-05-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote