View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Updates in calibre 0.9.15

For those who are watching, there were two changes to the driver in calibre 0.9.15.

Performance improvement when setting series information.

I was mishandling the data types for the series index and the series info was being set more often than it should have. This is fixed. The initial sync with calibre should be faster but may only be noticeable if there are a lot of books with series information on the device. Thanks to Joel for noticing it.

Update the book size in the device database when resending a book.

If you replace a book on the device it would sometimes get deleted from the device. I found that this happened when the file size changed. The change updates the database to have the size of the new copy. This is useful if you are editing a ePub and making changes to the text or styles.

If you are editing an ePub and change the structure or the table of contents, you may need to delete the book before sending it again. This is the only way to get the Kobo devices to recognise these types of changes. Without the delete, the ePub might open, but navigation via the TOC will probably be broken.

As always, if someone sees a problem with the driver, please report it. I will do my best to fix it quickly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote