View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Is that a once-off thing, or does it do it often? Is this a new model Kindle or an older one?
Kindle Keyboard. One way or another, it needs a reboot, or experiences another significant issue (such as bookmark loss) maybe once every other day. I would rate it as being roughly as stable as Windows XP.

Do I have a bad unit? No, I've had several. Do paper bookmarks also sometimes fall out of a book in that backpack? Yes.

Perhaps the difference between myself, and those who report complete stability, is that my unit is truly mobile, going in and out of my backpack during my commute. Inside the Kindle brand cases (which ideally would prevent this), keys are getting randomly pressed.

However, not all problems are a jostling issue. My DW, who keep's her K4NT at home, somehow had a library book mysteriously disappear from her unit the other day. Never saw that before.

They apparently exist, but I have never seen a bug-free computer, and can't conceive of an eReader other than as a computer.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote