Thread: Touch Nook books
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that if you have a nook the only places that you can get books for them are Barnsandnobels.com or blacklibrary.com.
You can sideload epubs onto B&N Nook devices. What I didn't like was the limit on the amount of space you could use for sideloaded books. The numbers I recall are that the Nook Simple Touch had 2Gb of storage but no more than 256MB could be used for sideloaded books. One of the Nook tablets had a limit of 1GB out of it's 8 or 16GB of storage. By comparison, the Kobo ereaders don't have any artificial limits on sideloaded books.

As for DRM, B&N seems to support both their own variant and the standard Adobe version so you can download library books and transfer them using ADE.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 01-06-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Who needs spell checking when they have a backspace key?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote