View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
CLEVNET ebook library designed appears to be optimized for tablets

I've just spent a very frustrating quarter hour so far trying to figure out and move around the newly redesigned CLEVNET library site.

In some ways, it reminds of the internet 10 years ago, when screens were optimized for 800x600 screen resolutions.

All the pictures are larger and they've removed a lot of the text in the main pages - you have to go to each individual book to see most of the details that used to be visible (and I'm speaking about the Holds and Wish List pages in specific).

I have to hope the reason the site is loading so frickin' slow is because it's still being rolled out. Because I swear if it stays as slow, it will probably be crossed off my places to visit daily list! It's utterly horrid.

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like there's no more "cart" either. You can't build up a list of books to borrow, then "check out". You click "borrow" and you get it now.

I am very disappointed in the changes...I feel they're a definite step back in usability for average computer users. Maybe if I was the least bit interested in getting a tablet, I'd be less critical, but a tablet is just about the last thing on my wish list right now, so I'm just feeling annoyed.

EDIT: Oh, I just tried using the Advanced Search option. You can no longer choose a particular ebook format to search by. I know there are books at this library only epub, or only Kindle/PDF, or all but with some without DRM (open epub). So you won't know until you're on the slow-loading (it's averaging almost 2 minutes per page) page for the book whether it's even something you are able to borrow. I am sooooo frustrated.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 12-01-2012 at 05:10 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote