View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
On a related topic. Edit: For when working outside calibre.
I created a setting that allows you to right-click an epub file, in the pop-up-menu you then have the option to 'Edit' the file, which (for me) opens Sigil.

I'm using XP, at moment, here's how to do it. Other Windows versions should be similar.
(this was done after the epub extension was mapped to open with calibre' ebook-viewer, so if you haven't done that then the epub extension may not be in the list)

Open the Control Pane->Folder Options
Select File Types tab
Scroll the list down until you reach EPUB, and select it, then click 'Advanced'
Press 'New'
In 'Action', type 'Edit'
Press 'Browse' and navigate to and select application you want to edit epubs with then select 'Open'
In the 'Application used to perform action:' box after closing quote (if there is one) add a space the "%1%" (including the quotemarks)
(If your editing application isn't surrounded by double-quotemark, you may want to add them as well)

Then 'O.K.' or 'Apply' to leave all the requesters/windows, then try right-clicking on an epub, you should now have an entry to 'Edit' the epub.

Hope this helps/works for you.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote