View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
Capricorn
Belgian Pommes Frites
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
theducks: yes, it seems to be broken. I went back to sigil 0.4.2 and single replace worked again.

congngo: thanks for pointing this out. I went back to expresso and redid the regex. It turned out I had made mistakes, as I am still learning how the product works. Expresso this time produced the following:

</p>\s+<p class="calibre2">

I put that string into the find of sigil 0.4.2.
In replace neither \s or \1 worked. Just putting in the blank space by pressing the space bar on the keyboard did the trick. Replacing single items now works well with my regex, at least in sigil 0.4.2.

If I will ever learn regex properly, is not certain at all, as it seems to be hours of work for something that should be simple (at least using basic wildcards). For now, I will continue to experiment with expresso, and keep searching for posts on regex in this forum. I assume once I have my collection of regex's that work for most things, it will be sufficient.

Thanks for all the help.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote