View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #29
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
Note that many installers will not overwrite a dll with an older version when updating. This bit me with calibre's .msi installer a while ago, when I had to monkeypatch a Qt dll for sll support.
All I have to say is, F Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
... the user dictionary is still in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Strahinja Markovic\Sigil\dictionaries ?

Also, a lot of settings is written to the windows registry to:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Strahinja Markovic/
Strahinja used his name as the organization name. This is used by QSettings for setting up the path it saves to. I plan on changing it to sigil-ebook (com.sigil-ebook on OS X). I want also plan on changing the settings style to a portable format (JSON, XML, or ini). Right now I'm leaving the settings path as is because changing it will cause a disruption for people upgrading. When I move to the new format I will change the path.

@st_albert and ElMiko, I'll figure out what's going on with the well formed dialog.

@Zeypxi, This should be related to what st_albert and ElMiko are experiencing. I hope. But not having the xml declaration correct and the first thing in the file is known to cause all sorts of issues.