View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
ETI (makers of the EB1100) may indeed be working on an E Ink device!

It's been rumored before, but I think we can call it confirmed (now that ETI's President has dropped by and remarked on it today). Besides, we now have photographic evidence that conclusively proves that ETI, makers of the venerable EB1100 are, in fact, working on an e-ink reading device.

If you're wondering why there are no specs included, it's because there are none provided by ETI at the present time, but don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

As you can see, it looks an awful lot like the STAReBOOK, and presumably the Cybook3 (since those devices share roughly the same hardware). There isn't a lot of detail given on it, though it's probably also safe to assume similar hardware capabilities.

I think the real news here is that ETI is looking at making an e-ink device at all.

The EB1100 and its various half-siblings are so beloved by those who use them, that it should be very interesting to see what sort of functional features ETI puts in the accompanying software for the device.

So, what does this do to the e-ink race?

Source.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ETI-e-ink.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	5486  
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote