View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've installed MikTex and TeXnicCenter. And I made a nice "Hello World" PDF. But it shows a nice A5-sized piece of text in a A4 sized PDF page...

Maybe it would be nice if there was a short "how-to" on how to make a (simple) ebook from scratch. All documentation I could found was geared toward thesises. And those are all printed on A4 format.
Yeah, default margins suck for ebooks. I'd recommend using the memoir class (instead of the standard book, report, article...) and reading its excellent manual. Or, at a minimum, use the geometry package thus:

Code:
\usepackage[papersize={9cm,12cm},margin=2mm]{geometry}