View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #359
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just ran across this: Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031...g=793775876-20
That looks interesting, and reading the book could very well change my perspective on the subject, but at present I don't feel threatened by A.I. On the one hand, I've been around long enough to see many claims of human level intelligence being just on the horizon come and go, but the main reason I don't feel threatened is that I anticipate that any A.I that does become fully sentient will increasingly engage in an interactive partnership with human beings. I don't believe machines will take over; I believe humans and machines will become increasingly integrated. Human beings will become hybrids. It will be evolution on the fast track. I realize that possibility in itself can seen very frightening, but it also holds out hope for wondrous and unimaginable benefits to come.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote