View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #46
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Ok, with devcap-daemon working the framework seems to start.

The screen stays black, and strace says it waits for a futex, so I guess it requires some other service to start up properly. But I'll investigate that later.

Edit:
After a bit more poking around and especially executing /etc/upstart/firstboot and prereg.conf manually as well as unpacking more cramfs.img from /etc/loopbacktab and setting the framebuffer to 8bit thanks to your framebuffer_configure it now really starts , still with tons of errors but I get a white window and touching the screen results in messages in the log. I see exceptions about missing images, but I haven't found out yet which images are missing and why.

Starting the onscreen keyboard (/usr/bin/kb) leads to the same error and is a lot less complex, so probably investigating that is easier.

Edit 2:
So it seems that this is just what you hinted at in the first posts, the screen update is different. I'm still looking at it, but I suspect awesome (the window manager) to be somehow responsible for it. Starting it pretty much corrupts the display, but upon a closer look the onboard keyboard letters are there in between the corruption.

Edit 3:
And it somewhat works
HEY you are AWESOME!
Great progress in no time! I'd like to help you out but I really have little free time in this period
about this: ipcrm -M 0x00008fb5
how did you find out the correct address? Probably the offset on the Glo could be different. Also, since you're on a touch, maybe it would make more sense to base yourself on the 5.3.2 update for the kindle touch rather than the one for the paperwhite, but maybe you're using it already
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote