View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #153
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I have the Nook Tablet and I've always been able to sideload my own books. When I install a blank SD card, the Nook writes a "My Files" folder to it that contains these folders: Books, Documents, Magazines, Music, Newspapers, NOOK Kids Recordings, Pictures, and Videos. Essentially, the same folders that are in the main memory. It doesn't matter whether I copy books to the Books folder in main memory or the SD card, they show up in my library.

I just assumed the Color worked the same as the Tablet. I don't use Windows Media Player either. I use Calibre!
Perhaps this was fixed with one of the software updates to the NC (we've had three, I think), but at time of purchase - about a year ago- books plopped on the SD card installed in the NC couldn't be made a part of the Library. PDFs and videos on the SD were playable from there, of course, so I simply dedicated it to that kind of content.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote