View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
HarryT - thanks for the suggestion to use larger print size for proofing. I'll try that next time

Doitsu - gutcheck is not really a spell checker, it is more like a context checker. For example a spell checker wouldn't catch 'he' for 'be', but probably gutcheck would find many these out-of-context problems (although perhaps not for 'dock' for 'clock'; also gutcheck looks for extra spaces and many other common errors that spell checkers would ignore. 'Aspell', a spell checker, is a plugin for gutcheck.

Thanks for the info on the calibre plugin for conversion of straight to curly quotes - I used curly quotes for my last upload, and although regex really helped I still had some problems and I don't know if I changed all the initally straights to curlies.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote