Thread: PRS-650 Back Lighting
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I wouldn't mind the battery being used to some degree, the book reader batteries don't use anywhere near the power that a tablet does.

So - yep even if it meant that I had to recharge a back lit ereader once every day or second day etc then fine by me.

The alternative is - I don't use a current generation ereader, or a future generation ereader without it, and I don't think that I would be alone in making that choice.

Dedicated ereaders face stiff competition from tablet devices, so one wonders how much longer they'll be developed anyway.
Probably for as long as people want to buy e-ink screens that use very little power and give 10+ days use on one charge compared to a few hours for LCD screens... I see no competition from tablets for eReaders - I use tablets for many things but, for recreational reading, always eReader... it's light, comfortable and ideal for relaxing with...

If you want a backlit reader then don't use e-ink as it works by reflected light so being backlit would be a tad pointless...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote