Thread: Request djvu on the reader side ?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
it is a format used for scans of technical textbooks, converting to pdf is not convenient and results in huge files
My son has several large Respiratory Therapy books that I have to print in PDF format chapter by chapter from Elsevier Pageburst. I then combine these using a program called PDF Converter Professional 6, and yes the files are rather large. However, I also optimize the PDF using the same program. Optimizing the PDF reduces the file size by at least 50% and upwards of almost 75%, with no visible reduction in image or text quality. I transfer these PDF files to my son's Edge and he uses either the e-ink or ezPDF to read them (he also reads them using Mantano Reader on his Kindle Fire). PDFs display better in ezPDF on the Pocket Edge and I think are better suited for e-ink using the full size Edge. The bottom line is if you run your PDF through an Optimizer (there are plenty of free ones online) you end up with a relatively small file that looks great and works great on the Edge.

http://www.djvu-to-pdf.com/

http://web.appstorm.net/how-to/perso...g-pdfs-online/

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote