View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #65
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
As was also pointed out elsewhere, Stargate: SG-1 ran for 10 years, and had run its course. Stargate: Atlantis and Eureka have run for 5 seasons each, nothing to sneeze at. And they gave us Galactica. All have achieved the critical mass for DVD sales and syndication into the future, the real cash-cow for TV shows, so you can't really blame Siffy for their cancellations.

You can make a case for Dresden, Stargate: Universe, Caprica and I'm sure a few others. Siffy has indeed proven that they don't have the cash to support many expensive SF shows, and make up for it with comparatively cheap reality shows, and wrestling (the cheapest science fiction there is).
They also pretty much cancel shows if they're even a little slow to start. Caprica, at the point it was cancelled, was just starting to get into the meat of its plot--and re-gather the audience that watched BSG.

I don't watch SyFy anymore--not really. Too much wrestling and non-science fiction/fantasy programming. I occasionally tune in for some Ghost Hunters/GHI and I try not to miss Haven, though I'm not completely heartbroken when I miss either.

The Dresden Files, as a television show, was an awful loss and I wish they'd continued it, too, but it seems that ship, like Firefly's, has sailed.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote