View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #160
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Question

First off: THANKS h1uke and everyone else that helped get launchpad to where it is today.

I rooted my K3 today and installed launchpad a little bit ago. I created some scripts to rotate files in and out of my music directory. As part of that I use the dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 cmd to supposedly refresh what the framework sees of it's filesystem (feel free to give a more exact explanation). All of this is kicked off successfully by launchpad. My scripts work, the refresh appears to work; however, music player (I'm using the stock Kindle player) doesn't seem to recognize the change in files.

Scenario:
Alt-Space to play some music. Get tired of that album so I press Alt-Space again to stop it.
Then I press my lp key combo Shift M to run my script.
Then I try Alt-Space to kick off the player again, but get nothing. (Even if I rotate around to the original album, it won't play.)
Connecting and disconnecting to a pc sorts out music player.

SO the question is: what other commands could I call to force the Kindle into doing whatever resets/scans it does after disconnecting from a pc?
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote