View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #206
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
However, the problem may be that your MOBI file is using MobiPocket compression (mobigen's -c1 option) which is not supported by mobi2html. I have seen empty HTML files from mobi2html on such files, and another way to confirm this would be if your DRM-free MOBI is readable by MobiPocket Reader but not readable by FBReader.

Most DRM-free MOBI files use simple (-c0) compression, but some use the -c1 option. I have no idea what fraction of DRM-laden MOBI files use the higher compression option.
That is most probably the reason. This is starting to get annoying. I must remember to add some warning message about that in mobi2html.

So if somebody reverse engineered the compression format could that be something that MobiPocket could complain about? Could they see their secret compression algorithm as part of the DRM?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote