View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Prices

If we assume that most of the cost of a book is in its physical creation and movement (i.e. materials, printing, warehousing, retailing), then there is no justification for charging even close to print price for an eBook.

If a print book costs $10, the eBook should not exceed $5 - if this is a best seller type of book. Books that aren't as good should sell for less.

If the book has DRM, the cost cannot exceed $1 (for a best seller type of book), since DRM violates my right to resell the book if I don't like it. DRMed eBooks that aren't as good, should be in the $0.25 range.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote