View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #24
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I can't give you actual experience, but one bias I'll have the next time I buy a portable recorder will be to get one with multiple mics and hardware noise cancellation. My TP2 has this tech to clear audio for speakerphone calls, and I like it there. The mic further away from the voice helps filter out non-voice noise. My favorite (not that I have, but that I want) bluetooth headset, the Voyager Pro, has similar tech to limit wind and background noise. An alternative solution that is probably more common is an omni-directional mic.

It's probably not a solution that prevents you from needing software for something like an audiobook, but it seems to me like it would be a nice helping hand. In some cases, a poorly designed system will affect voice quality as well as reducing background noise, so read reviews of any solution carefully.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote