View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

I don't think there is a working CSS solution (although you can come close using "float left, float right, etc), it never seems to work on most ereaders.

My solution when I am faced with this is to simply create an image (jpeg or png) of how I want the table to look and then use that in place of the table. This converts to all platforms and works well.

I have used svg generated images as well and they work in epubs (although I am not sure if Kindles support svg images). You can include the text in the table as an html comment (on set the display on the block to none) so that search engines in the ebook readers can still find text in the "table" which is now an image.

If you need elements of the table to be links, you can assign regions of the image to act as hyperlinks ie. an image map (at least in html you can).

Hope this helps,

KevinH
Hi, Kevin:

As he has 90+ books, I think trying to do a table as an image would be tricky; the best I could do would be to put, say 10 books per "page" (image) and do it that way, but frankly the idea of image-mapping 90 of those suckers to create clickable live links makes my head hurt. I, too, normally just make images of tables, but this one is a little too long and convoluted, I think.

Thanks!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote