View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Is this something you've read somewhere or something you hope? Since Jobs doesn't think people read, it would be strange to design a product for a market he feels doesn't exist.
He might be forced to reconsider that position. Teleread has reported (IIRC) that more than 100,000 people have downloaded ereader applications and more than 300,000 have paid for books to be downloaded to their iphone. Now mind you, that is small compared to the mp3 market, but when you consider that all of this has happened in the last couple of months and without a marketing campaign on apple's part.

Now mind you, I very much doubt that Apple will release a dedicated ebook reader. It makes little sense for them to. I think what is far more likely is a 5-7" system that is essentially a media player (Yes the iPod Touch can do that now, but really, it is a little small for watching TV on), but with all of the iPod Touch functionality (maybe even a bit more, closer to a macbook). Lord knows that given that form factor and a reasonable price, I might be willing to forgo a dedicated reader for one of those with Stanza or ereader installed (Then again, I am don't seem to suffer the negative effects that some do here from back lighting).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote