View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #43
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
If the new HTC One had an SD slot, removable battery and supported OTG cables for digital audio on most portable DACs, I'd choose it over the S4 in a second.

My sense about the Galaxy S line's popularity is that it has to do with flexibility and reliability. People like me are willing to buy devices like the Note 2 despite the lack of style, not because we think the style is superior.

The main thing that recommends Android in the first place is flexibility. The hardware which provides the most powerful and least locked-down Android experience is the one I'll always choose, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Truthfully, I hate to see Samsung triumphing over smaller companies. If only HTC would stop interpreting its customer surveys in terms of imposed limitations and add options instead -- particularly to their painstakingly confected hardware.

Try playing with the new One for an hour and then choosing the S4 with no qualms whatsoever. It's a harder choice than you might think.
I absolutely agree with you. If I was able to put an SD card and remove the battery I would have went with the ONE X. I really liked the screen on it. I do love my S3 though. The whole phone is themed based on Knight Rider right now .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote