View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #89
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
I personally just keep a few tabs open in Firefox/whatever browser, and then copy/paste into Sigil.

I use this site to look up unicode symbols when needed:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...preview=entity

Or you could always look it up on Wikipedia (and also copy/paste). For example, here is the Greek Alphabet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

In Sigil, click on Tools - Saved Searches. It is about 5/6 of the way down the Tools Menu.

As a side note, did you know that you could do multiple quotes in one post? It would help make this thread much cleaner instead of single posts for a reply to every person.
Tex,

I went to that first link (the unicode character search). It was cool. I entered ellipsis and em dash in the query box and it gave me all these U+2012 or whatever. What are all those U numbers for?

And thanks for the Greek alphabet.

And thanks for the saved searches info. Boy, is that impressive-looking. I am going to be doing some serious experimentation with that.

Lastly. How do I do the multiple quote thing (in a way that keeps things straight)? And are people going to know I wrote them if I do three or four quotes in one post? (I'm all for keeping the thread cleaner--and I get tired of seeing my picture so much!)

Thanks man.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote