View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
It seems a continuum - screens on PW go from white to rainbow - with everywhere in between.
But yours is close to the 'rainbow' side of things.
I hate dealing with returns (and I did not return mine, which is not perfect either - but more uniform than yours) - but, in this case, it seems warranted.

The only note is - my screen got much better after 3-4 days of usage. I am not sure if it was some sort of burn-in (perhaps of glue residues?) - but my screen got progressively better over the first days. And no, it was not just me getting used to it.

So maybe waiting a couple of days might be a good idea? Unless you had the device for a while already...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote