View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #39
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
This is 'meh' for me because if I want to watch video for 10+ hours, especially HD video I won't be watching it on a portable tablet, it will be on a 40+ inch screen with a good sound system and in a nice relaxed position. If you didn't realise what site you're on, this is 'Mobileread' not 'Mobilevideo' or 'Mobilegaming'....if I wanted games and videos I would think this was 'meh' too, because it's too big for that function and I like using a joypad/mouse/keyboard also. For 'reading' this isn't what I need or want either, and it doesn't fit my reading habits...which is basically charge-once, pick up at my convenience without having to think about battery life.

You apple fanbois are a pain in the arse.

(posting this from an Apple iMac, FYI)
I would Never be away from a socket for over 10 hours of continuos pad use.

this isnt the device for you but the fact is taht for a device that can do what this can that 10 hours of movie watching is very very good.

your 40" screen is far too big for me to carry on the train and I have no chance of getting it on a plane. that doesnt mean I feel the need to go "40 inch screen, meh"

If all you do is read then fine eink it is for you. But I read, browse the web, and play games oh and watch films and listen to music. a dedicated ereader with 40hrs battery that cant do any of that, meh!

Im not typing this on one of my 5 eink reading devices because...I cant.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote