View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Seeking Layout Advice

I've been converting ebooks for a number of months now, and sorry to say I have not read any ebooks which are presented like my current project. (I'm sure there are hundreds out there, but I haven't stumbled over them)

I have approximately 450 short pieces I'm placing in 4 volumes, and they range from a single paragraph up to about 7500 words. Usually when I've done short stories, I make a separate xhtml file for each piece. But this would feel pretty awkward for this project. Dozens and dozens of single paragraph "chapters"???

I have never used the "page-break-before" to start new chapters, because on a few reading apps for PC (older version of CoolReader, Calibre viewer, and a couple others I can't recall at the moment), the page break wasn't honored. I decided not to chance it on previous books I've converted.

Can I rely on the CSS-styled page-breaks being displayed?
Or should I physically split the files?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote