View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuceBianchi View Post
Thank you, both of you. I'll give that a shot.

As for the "just start writing, and maybe the muse will speak" idea... I really should start free writing or journalling more. As in, start doing it. I keep forgetting about that technique. ;_;

Honestly the two things that seem to help all writers regardless of style is..

READ and Write.

Read as much as you can, and as often as you can. Read in your genre and out of it. Just read!

Second , just write. Learning to write is no different then any other skill you have to do it to get better at it. Write stuff and toss it in your shredder, and then write some more. Write poems, letters, very short stories (1-2 pages), blogs, etc. If your married (or otherwise romantically attached), write your spouse a love letter. Write your mom a thank you letter for giving you life.

If the story you do want to write is not coming write another. Takes time to get in to a habit where you sit and write regardless.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote