View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #27
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
In the days before Kindles were available in retail stores, many people complained that there was no way to see or try one out. Since there are enough Kindles in the wild now, just about every one knows someone with a Kindle. So it may not be as important to have a retail presence now.

But some people still want to buy some things locally. Not everyone buys into the "just send it back if you don't like it" argument, and some want to resolve problems or ask questions face to face. There are probably other reasons as well.
Well this obviously is true for USA. But in Europe you still buy a cat in the bag (so we say) and sending it back is costly. I really wish I could walk into a shop here and have a look at a Kindle. Paperwhite if possible. But maybe not, I would have bought it immediately so maybe it's good they are not available and not at hand (my credit card sighs with relief)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote