View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #145
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You don't need to root your N7 anymore to be able to stream from an SD card or USB thumb drive. See this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer. You will need to spend a buck or two on a cable.
I did try the USB importer, and while it doesn't work, it's not very versatile, although good for those who want something simple and don't want to root their devices.

I ended up rooting my device (took a couple minutes after backing up the system), and installing stickmount, which works exactly like other devices that have a micro SD slot. While I know it's not most peoples cup of tea, it does work, and works well.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote