View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #260
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by comodin View Post
thank you for your reply geekmaster.
I realize that you are doing a wonderful job here providing us with your knowledge and tips...

the thing is that, as I wrote in my previous post, my Kindle Touch doesn't show anything on the screen when I manage to use MFGTool to force diags mode, even if the application gives a positive output. Moreover, after a few seconds (sometimes just a bunch, sometimes for one minute or so) the device (or the OS/Virtual Machine) looses the connection and MFG switches back to "no device connected".
I do not have access to a windows machine but I run Win7 64bit on a virtual machine (Parallels for OSX) which works fine with any other usb device, meaning that it doesn't drop the connection.
Btw, I had something like 20 books in the KT, don't know if you consider that "too many books"...
It sounds like a dead battery. The battery charger function does not work correctly on a bricked kindle. You cannot trust the LED power indicator.

I suggest that you plug it into a USB power cube for several hours, then use MfgTool to switch it to fastboot mode and let it charge in fastboot mode for several more hours (leave it attached to host PC, but fastboot software not needed).

Then try booting to diags again.

20 books should not be a problem, unless one of them has a damaged file format that confused the collections indexer.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote