Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #149
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Hey, another "serious" idea I was a little tired with compiling patches. So it would be cool to embed scripting engine (beanshell or, maybe, jruby/jython or something else), so that patches could be distributed not only in compiled Java .class form, but also as plain text files with scripts which will be interpreted at KT.
NO WAY!

Seriously: patches affect the CORE "Operating System" of the Kindle, so they should be well-tested, stable, and without side effects. I really don't want script kiddies releasing some random code which might or might not work (and that is the best case I can imagine).

On a side note, if you're using Eclipse, you don't even have to compile the patches after changing the source code, because Eclipse does it automatically. All you have to do is to scp one file to the device...

That said: Feel free to create a Patch which can load JS/Jython/JRuby or even COBOL/FORTRAN/PROLOG patch definitions
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote