View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Is a movie database possible?

Is a database possible on the Reader? I have an Address Book and a Date Book on my 505 and they serve me very well. Not to hard to implement and easy to use.

I collect movies. I have for many years starting with 8mm, then 16mm and then moving to VHS and now DVD. I have a collection of many hundred films. While I have a list of them in Excel and can print it (but don’t) I thought it would be nice to have that list with some additional info on my Reader to carry around and for quick reference.

The attached zip file contains a very simple htm file with the bare beginnings of my movie list. Run it through calibre and load it into your Sony Reader.

The TOC is nothing more than an alphabetical listing with extra categories (only 1 in this file) tacked on after the letter “Z”. This could be used for various genre or actor’s lists. Also this is just a bare beginning so you can delete the films I have and add your own to the htm file.

Any suggestions? Is it worth the trouble? Is there a better way? Shortcomings are obvious. There is no way to search for actor, director, year, etc. but it will give me a portable list telling me what I have, what I’m looking for, and what VHS films need to be upgraded to DVD.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Movie List.zip (1.6 KB, 312 views)
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote