View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No real explanation is given, I goggled around for an answer. So here is my reason.

The rumors have done a lot to answer peoples questions and concerns. I'm thinking that many folks who where excited about the amazon tablet are not as interested now that they know the Kindle will be closed and the Android OS will be forked. It's just another nook or eDevice with it's own OS.

There are however a good many folks that love the Amazon experience and will still buy into this tablet simply for that reason. Which is why this will be a great selling tablet. It just won't sell as many as it could have sold if it was a true android tablet.

=X=
For me, at least, this is true -- and then there's the sizing issue.

I'm really interested in a 10" device that isn't too expensive and has access to the Google Market.

The "preview" I read of the Amazon tablet was a big "no thank you" for me. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't really use the Amazon ecosystem, so it's basically worthless to me.

I might buy it and root it, but... probably not. Because I don't want another 7" Nook Color, you know? And by time the 10" comes out, my ADD means I'll be lusting after something else at that point.

So, for me at least, you have guessed correctly.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote