View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Hey! Who you calling "self-confident?"

If it's me: I much prefer the term "arrogant" due to its greater accuracy. Of course, you understand that's only because "hubris" doesn't have an adjective form.
Yes it does: "hubristic". Also an adverbial form, should you ever find yourself wanting to say that someone is writing hubristically .

I find it interesting that "hubris" has come to mean "unwarranted pride" or "arrogance" in English. The original Greek word meant "violence".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote