View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
What is with all the Trolls? I love my Kobo.

I am new to this site but I was surprised at how many negative comments there are from people. Some seem to have legitimate issues but there also seems to be a lot of trolling going on.

For the record for anyone else like me out there checking this site out for the first time there are people out there who LOVE their Kobo. Here is what I love about it.

Small

Light

Good Screen

Simple Device that works quickly. I tried out a couple of Sony devices at Futureshop and the original Kobo at Chapters and they seemed slow to respond and turn pages.

All for a lot less money than the other e readers I saw out there. Especially for a Canadian who would have to pay import fees on a Kindle.

Is it an iPad? No. That wouldn't fit in my purse or be as good for reading. I don't care to read books on a backlit screen. I tried that and it was hard on the eyes. My wifi Kobo has a good clear screen and I can make the text bigger with one button press. Besides I could probably buy 5 Kobos for the price of an iPad.

Does it let you browse the web? Why on earth would anyone want to browse the web on a black&white e-ink screen in a device with a relatively slow processor???

I have received two firmware updates automagically from Kobo when connecting via Wifi. Neither blew up my machine or did anything other than fix bugs or add features.

So am I crazy? Am I the only person out there who is happy with their Kobo or what???
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote