Thread: ebook piracy
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I'm not going to get into a debate about piracy but......

I find it very easy to leave my computer running and downloading while I'm out in the lounge room reading.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Ok, you read one book and download about 100 more in that same time. You now have 100 books to read. So, you read another book and again download another 100 in that same time. You now have 199 books to read!

A song takes 3-5 minutes, a movie 90-120 minutes. You can download one in the same time and keep listening. With ebooks, the amount of downloads will be much higher than you can ever hope to read. So, most books won't be read (as you just won't have the time for that...)

I liked this phrase:

Quote:
If they want to share files, they can get somebody to lend them a copy, or go to a place for sharing this information that's wholly supported by the industry (you might know them as libraries).

And I wholeheartedly agree with this:

Quote:
I suspect that the real change will come as more authors who are already part of the digital age push for new things. But that's a generational shift, and we're still a long way from it.

I liked it!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote