View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
I'd be worried the cost of the card would make the books expensive, though. How likely is that?
I can't say for sure, of course, but I saw a 1Gb card for <$50 in the store just the other day.

My reasoning runs something like this: if the entire works of Shakespeare can fit on a 3.5" floppy (1.44Mb), they ought to be able to cram a single book into less than 4 Mb (especially if the text itself is encoded in an all text markup language like the OpenReader standard), and I'd think such small cards would be cheap to make if there are high volume customers (such as publishers) ordering them....

Last edited by NatCh; 04-11-2006 at 05:31 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote