View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Amazon has closed my account due to unauthorized activity, what do I do now?

I received the following email this evening from Amazon:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Please take the time to read this message - it contains important
information about your Amazon.com account.

At Amazon.com, we routinely perform reviews of orders and customer
accounts to protect our customers. After careful review of your
account, we believe it may have been accessed and used by a
third-party to make purchases without your permission, but it appears
they did not use your credit card to make these purchases. It seems
that someone obtained your personal account and/or financial
information elsewhere, and used it on Amazon.com to access your
account.

We have closed your account effective immediately because of this
possible unauthorized account activity. If this recent account
activity (Gift Certificate ) was authorized by you, please reply to
this message as soon as possible and we will reactivate your account.

Otherwise, you will need to open a new account when you place future
orders with us...

---

So, my question is, what do I do about my Kindle? Obviously, I can set up a new account to order further Kindle books, but how can I access the Kindle books from my 'closed' account? I have downloaded them all, of course (and liberated them and put them into Calibre) but I use the sync feature a lot across my devices and really don't want to lose that. And I don't want to lose my record of my past purchases and ability to easily download them onto any new devices.

I did just try logging into my existing Amazon account and did get an error message. It does appear this is a legit email and they have closed it. So...what now? I have a Kindle and also use the iPad and iPod Touch app. I would like to be back in business here ASAP.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote