View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
This is only my opinion, and it could be wrong, but I think this is a threat to dedicated e-reading devices (not specifically e-ink). Devices are moving towards multifunction, as people don't want to carry several devices for different things, especially for entertainment and not specifically for phones (personally I don't want my phone anywhere near my e-entertainment). My prediction is this year and next year you will see a large amount of these devices released. There will still be a large and dedicated e-ink market for folks concerned with eye strain and battery life.

My next prediction is that when a big company releases a multi-function portable device that has a Pixel-Qi screen it will definately dethrone this iPad and even e-ink readers.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote