View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #13
moonangelica
moonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of lightmoonangelica is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Clara
Finally getting around to responding ^_^; I've been sick.

On the recommendations above and a pile of googling and further research I did go ahead and get the Kobo Clara.

Kindle was a hard no as I need the extra organisation. I talked to my flatmate who has the kindle and she just gave up any organisation and if she's reading a series and can't remember off the top of her head, she'll just google which book is next. I also sideload a lot of books using calibre vs just buying from the store.

I'm really happy with it.

The side bleed issue on mine is minimal to the point you can almost say there is none.

The organisation, both in terms of the collections and the series info subtitle are exactly what I needed. And the series info subtitle means I can bypass using the collections to sort series and just use them for bigger categories, which speeds up the device - my first load ended up with over 500 collections due to having one for each series which meant the collection page tended to lag when switching. Now I have around 50 bigger categories and can sort via series within those.

My biggest import was 2500 books at once. I didn't find the indexing any slower than I was expecting, though I didn't necessarily time it.
moonangelica is offline   Reply With Quote