View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #27
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
OK that all makes sense.
PS i mirror all of the calibre app date folder to dropbox also , treating it as a black box that I don't need to understand in detail
going back to the OP issue of slow sync over LAN, yto tablet: I have a guitarpro tab library of ~1000 files & to get that mirrored onto ( android ) tablet from PC or dropbox I use a syncfolder app to mirror. That is noticeably slower, doesn't matter if the source is dropbox or shared file on PC. I think tablets are just slow at that sort of operation. I can watch the mirror happening and it is taking a second or so to decide if each file has changed or not, and these are small files, typically less than 100k each. Dropbox on android will not export / save to device a folder, it will only export single files, hence the need for an app rather than just copy everything.
more proof as to tablets being slow,. I recall doing some testing and wanting to put a couple of 1GB video files onto tablet in various formats to try out various players. That was much slower than copying PC to PC. Even with the wifi link reporting a 100Mb connect speed, it could be 10 mins or moreto copy 1GB from a shared PC folder via an app

Last edited by stumped; 10-12-2018 at 01:09 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote