View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #341
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissman View Post
As a side question.. my mother has a kobo Aura HD any ideas if this would also work on hers or not. I am not familiar with the layout of books and collections on kobo.

Thank you very much for all this help.
3 Cheers to Chaly as well!!!
Crissman,

Oddly enough, I ran into an Aura last week. Getting the books onto the system proved a little more adventuresome then when my Mom had an original Kobo (three different ones over 28 months) and it was easy as pie to have Calibre send the books to her device. I ended up treating the Aura as other for the purposes of connecting the device and it went adequately from there.

Course, we are talking MOBI and EPUB when talking the two devices. Some conversion will be necessary. But doable for anything that doesn't have retail DRM encrypting it. (and yes, I know there are no limits in the real world). I used the same template and got basically the same result. The plugboard produces a ON-BOOK title as you want. I just copied the plugboard entry to the clipboard, added the second device and pasted it back in. Got the same result that I was used to. Now, your mom's preferences might be for something less cryptic. Maybe she's okay with an ENDING of [01] Game of Thrones, which can be cut off without losing the cardinality. My mom consumers her author list as they come out. She bookmarks FantasticFiction.co.uk and knows the release date of her authors. She has no need for series info. SHE can tell ME what the book numbers are, without having to look it up. 'course, she has about ten authors to watch. I'm tracking 119 at last count. Harrumph.

I think you'll find a happy medium for yourself and your device, and devices for others by just asking and trying to make it work they way they want. You might get surprised.

Happy programming (and plugboard programming IS calibre programming). But just for you.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote