View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
who would want a pirated book, aren't most of them scanned images like with home scanners and such. Quality must be crappy
Actually most of them are txt files converted by machine (automatic) to specific ebook formats.
Their layout is very bad; and seldom you'll find good books online.
I have to say I do not own illegal ebooks; and all the ebooks I own I have purchased a pbook of;or are under Public Domain.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the ebook sector on bittorrent. It makes more sense to format your own books from scratch then download them.
Perhaps some users upload books you can download from mobileread (Public Domain books),but I haven't seen any yet.

Statistics like this are good into scanning the market to see if it's a good thing to manufacture devices that support open formats like txt,pdf,html, chm, etc...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote